ANTHEM Youth Parent Cue – Seasons
High School News | Junior High News
Parent Cues are designed and created to help strengthen relationships with your teenager(s). Below is the “Seasons” single session, series info and Parent Cue to foster great conversation between you and them:
In life, change is inevitable. Life is constantly changing! Sometimes it’s great, sometimes it’s not noticeable, or sometimes it’s uncomfortable. When it comes to change, we often ask a question we are hardwired to ask since we were little: “Why?”, “ Why is this happening?” and “What is God doing?”
In this one week message, we are focusing on Ecclesiastes chapter 3. We are reminded that “He has made everything beautiful in its time”. The goal of this message is to understand that God is constantly working on His purpose and although life changes, He never does!
**This is a single session series taking place 5/22/22
- There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. -Ecclesiastes 3:1
- He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. -Ecclesiastes 3:11-12
- He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. -Ephesians 1:9-10
- Accept the Season
- Our response to God’s ability forms responsibility
- Trust God in the Season
Instead of being quick to jump in and fix a problem, look for opportunities to help them understand the the season they are in and what God may be showing them through it. Great questions to ask your teen this week are:
- “What kind of season do you feel you’re in currently?” i.e. exciting, hopeful, difficult, etc.
- “How can I help you make the most out of this current season?”
- “What’s the biggest change you see coming up?” and “How can we prepare for it together?”
ANTHEM Youth Pastor – I am a husband to my wife Kate and a father to my new son Rome. Kate and I have a heart for youth! We served in the church for many years and I became a high school pastor in 2016. After moving to AZ from the Seattle area in 2021, I’ve been so excited to see what God has for us and the youth ministry here in the East Valley!
Sign up for updates from Mission Parents.